sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] pre_command and post_command scripts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] pre_command and post_command scripts
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:07:39 +1200

Hi,

I have suggested this feature with regard to bug#23.

I suggested having a feature in sourcemage which runs certain scripts if they exist. For example, these scripts would be called "pre_cast.sh", post_cast.sh", "pre_gaze.sh", "post_gaze.sh", "pre_summon.sh", "post_summon.sh", etc..., I think you get the drift. These scripts would reside in "/etc/sorcery" or "/etc/sorcery/local". If these scripts exist then they would be run before or after the "cast", "gaze" and "summon" commands are called.

I would like to use "pre_cast.sh", "pre_summon.sh" and "post_summon.sh" script features. The "pre_summon.sh" to turn on my 56k modem and the "post_summon.sh" to turn it off. I would like to use the "pre_cast.sh" to check the dependencies for the spell I am casting for "lesstif", if it depends on "lesstif" I would swap it for "openmotif", my preference.

This feature would allow sourcemage users to add and test personal features to sorcery and the grimoire without out worrying about loosing their features everytime they "update sorcery".

Also users can post their scripts for others to use.

What do peoples think? Thanks for hearing me out.

Cheers, Duane

  • [SM-Discuss] pre_command and post_command scripts, Duane Malcolm, 07/26/2002