seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Corporate Sponsors of Cucurbitaceae 06

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Corporate Sponsors of Cucurbitaceae 06
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:40:55 -0500

Elise Lutrick wrote:

No, I do not work for SSE. I am interested in SSE because I have
grandchildren whose lives may very well depend on what resides in the
SSE seed vaults. Therefore, until I see concrete signs that the
organization is not to be trusted, I will continue to watch carefully
and participate in the same manner that I have for the last decade. I
will also do what I can to establish and support regional equivalents
to the SSE.

As long as its mission is not compromised then its not so much a matter of
what SSE does, and under those circumstances it deserves continued public
support,
as it is a matter of who controls and owns SSE. It is for certain that Kent
Whealy
is the only person who deserves this as SSE is his creation and without him
it never
would have come into existence. Goldman should not be allowed to have any
position of
authority or control in that organization. Talk about the fox in the
henhouse. If you
can't see that then you need to clean your glasses.