seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Corporate Sponsors of Cucurbitaceae 06

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Corporate Sponsors of Cucurbitaceae 06
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:03:03 -0500

Teresa H. Ebie wrote:

Hello,

I know many folks have expressed a weariness about hearing more on the SSE controversy - but this does appear to go way beyond personalities. I think it's relevant to note the sponsors of the Cucurbitaceae 2006 conference at which Amy Goldman was the keynote speaker. It's a pretty scary list. Does this seem like the sort of company someone devoted to heirloom seed preservation would keep?: http://cuke.hort.ncsu.edu/cucurbit/meetings/ccrbtceae06org.html

Teresa

Well, I'd say that is what we thought all along. No wonder Kent got fired.
Can't have anyone involved in traditional seedsaving running SSE who might
try to fulfill the original mission of the organization. Obviously Amy
is in the pocket of industry. So much for SSE. Time to support diversification
of seed preservation efforts. Thanks for mentioning this Teresa.
Amy's qualifications to be in control of SSE:
"Ms. Goldman holds a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Oklahoma State
University,
but has retired from clinical practice to devote herself full-time to the heirloom
seed movement"
Probably never turned a shovelfull of dirt in her entire life. I'll bet a lot
of people in this list
see this whole SSE thing as totally dismal and hopeless. I wonder if they
have spies in this list.
We'll never know I suppose.