seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Corporate Sponsors of Cucurbitaceae 06

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Corporate Sponsors of Cucurbitaceae 06
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:58:16 -0500

Ok... this went over my head.\
Are the sponsors "all" supporting GMO's?

Sure, we are VERY tired of it.
We are also tired of muggings, killings, drive-bys, and store theft.
I am ignorant. Learn me. Please.

That said, I would say, Jesus also tarried in the company of
ill-mongers. Were I she, I *might* infiltrate the "enemy."
I mean, be cynical, fine... also keep an open mind.

I am reminded of the story of a pseudo-prince and a princess.
After 3 years acquaintance, they were to marry.
He finally said, I am no prince... I am a con man.
She said, maybe you were, but you practiced being a prince for so
long, it seems to have taken root in you. We will marry as planned.

So just maybe, Amy could change her spots. Dunno...
Prayer for one's enemy is allowed, and perhaps the highest form
of humility and of service aside from dying for them. This in no
way means we do not desire victory, but evil-doers seem to have
more ready, palpable-incentive

Keep the enemy closer to our vest than our trusted friends.
Do more than "save & trade seed." (Is there a name in there?
A slogan? I hereby claim copyright in case we may use it further...)

Aside from our list, is there an org that we ought to be active in?
Need we begin one for all of us to join, we, other lists and orgs?
If SeedSuckers wants to do well, they need to be furnished with
competition. That's the American way. I believe in David & Goliath.

BillSF9c

Teresa H. Ebie wrote:
I know many folks have expressed a weariness about hearing more on
the SSE
controversy - but this does appear to go way beyond personalities. I
think
it's relevant to note the sponsors of the Cucurbitaceae 2006
conference at
which Amy Goldman was the keynote speaker. It's a pretty scary list.
Does
this seem like the sort of company someone devoted to heirloom seed
preservation would keep?:
http://cuke.hort.ncsu.edu/cucurbit/meetings/ccrbtceae06org.html
Teresa

Well, I'd say that is what we thought all along. No wonder Kent got fired.
Can't have anyone involved in traditional seedsaving running SSE who might
try to fulfill the original mission of the organization. Obviously Amy
is in the pocket of industry. So much for SSE. Time to support diversification...
snip...
More new features than ever. Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! - http://webmail.aim.com