seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Corporate Sponsors of Cucurbitaceae 06

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Corporate Sponsors of Cucurbitaceae 06
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 04:38:12 -0500

Elise Lutrick wrote:

I am simply a grassroots gardener who once was able to feed her kids
only because the Lord blessed her with a grat garden.

I am one who believes that the Lord God gifted all of humanity with
plants and seeds for their nourishment. I believe that any attempt to
alter the natural historical rhythm of that gift is theft from the
human race.

You have said that very nicely Elise. Thanks. Could you create a version
of this for me to add to the mission statement on the list homepage? A longer version would be fine and others could contribute to it too. What traces of religion I still cling to have at its origins one ceremony:
The Anglican Blessing of the Fields, held annualy. I had the privilege of
participating
in this when I was very young. It was held in the yard of one of the most
beautiful homesteads in North Carolina
on an overlook behind a duplex log cabin farmhouse where you could see for 30 miles. The Episcopal minister who hosted and held the ceremony at his farm was a missionary in Alaska for many years. He and his wife retired to Chapel Hill
where he held services at the Episcopal church I was raised in and was was an active participant in civil rights and anti-war demonstrations and events in and around Chapel Hill throughout the sixties. Farm surroundings included barns and fields and virgin forest with old growth timber and abundant, diverse wildlife, fauna and flora. A wonderful and enchanting book was written about that mysterious area, a journal of the author's experiences and observations as he hiked that region throughout the seasons. The traditions and lay-of-the-land of the English countryside correspond
in many ways to much that still exists in many places in America.

As long as its mission is not compromised then its not so much a matter of

That, _right there_ is what concerns most people. That exactly: "as long as its
mission is not compromised".
Isn't that what's at the heart of the matter? Kent allowed as much in his
letters.

And so, lest the mssion of this list become compromised, let us get about the
businesss of seed saving.
I could also say, let us pray for deliverance from the hard times facing all
of us around the World
in coming months and years. Some of the toughest people on Earth are humble
enough to do this.

Mission statement for this forum:
=================================

Seed Keepers list - seed and plant growout, harvest, storage, sharing and
exchange
This forum will help those interested in developing and using a non-gmo seed
and
plant saving and exchange network.

Seeds Create.

The Seed Keepers list is a forum for individuals interested in and practicing
techniques of keeping non-gmo seeds and plants. All are welcome to join and
exchange ideas, skills and harvested seeds and plants. There are no
limitations
besides civility and constructive participation. This list is not affiliated
with
any organization and does not tolerate inflammatory behavior.
Welcome and please introduce yourself!

-Seed Keepers Exchange Network