permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Confronting the Context: Permaculture and Capitalism

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Koreen Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Confronting the Context: Permaculture and Capitalism
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 20:06:42 -0700 (PDT)

Here are some interesting trends. The reading list at the Univ of Virginia
Darden Business School course "New Models of Business":

Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business, published by
Harvard Business Press.
Managing for Stakeholders: Survival, Reputation and Success, published by
Yale University Press.
Stakeholder Theory: The State of the Art, published by Cambridge University
Press in early 2010.
Strategic Management: A Stakeholder Approach, published by Cambridge
University Press.
(one concept is to avoid tradeoffs between stakeholders - i.e polluting a
water supply in order to meet shareholder demands is not acceptable - a
solution must be found for all stakeholders)
Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
www.facebook.com/growpermaculturenow
www.meetup.com/sustainable-urban-agriculture-coalition