permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Drylands water capture question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jay Woods <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Drylands water capture question
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 06:29:58 -0500

Learning what I did was hard on the plants. I burned through 500 pine trees
and 30 or
so fruit trees before "getting it right". The family insisted on calling it
the "Annual Kill A
Grape Vine Day" for the 13 years that I planted the grapes on that ridge.

A fun thing to plant in the basin around the trees is iris (where the rocks
are thin).
They are still growing even though I've been gone for 20 years.

Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 07:15:35 -0700 (PDT)
GbjZL4HZbjDOZYAxL3wuo