permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Alternative/traditional methods of doing laundry w/o a machine (how?)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jacqueline Greenleaf <jacque@book-woman.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Alternative/traditional methods of doing laundry w/o a machine (how?)
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:38:56 -0700

Just a note for those who are considering it - I have a Wonder Washer, and it
works well if you are mindful of its inherent limitations. The cranking
mechanism is a little too fragile for my taste, but it really does get plenty
of dirt out of your clothes with little effort. If you had a lot of clothes
to wash, it would drive you crazy, and I wouldn't try to wash sheets in it.
For a single person living in the woods, though, it was a huge help.