permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Floating garden in a lake in Borma; farmers picking tomatoes. Aquaponics at its best.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Frances and David" <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Floating garden in a lake in Borma; farmers picking tomatoes. Aquaponics at its best.
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 20:29:35 -0800

works!
sadly, the youtube link about Cuban permaculture stated that the video did not exist :-(

-----Original Message----- From: venaurafarm
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:40 PM
To: permaculture

On 11/28/2012 9:12 PM, venaurafarm wrote:

People have relied on low tech (high tech when you consider the scale of
their endeavors, like the rice terraces) methods of producing food,
forage and fiber for thousands of years. Farmers growing rice in
mountainside terraces in the Phillipines use the off-season or fallow
time to grow fish in the flooded terraces. They leave tied up bundles of
rice straw in the ponds for fertilizer and marine organism breeding
ground. They harvest fish and gain soil fertility in the terraces.
I downloaded a huge collection of files and images on this remarkable
site. If I can find them I will post links to the original. All this is
on PBase somewhere. Some of the best collections of images and writing
on rural cultures of the world exist at this remarkable site.

This is one of them but not the one I am looking for which is a
collection of institutional papers analyzing and documenting rice
terrace agriculture (or terraquaculture - terraquaponics?) in the
Phillipines,

An Ifugao Adventure
http://www.pbase.com/bobbyw/ifugao2
The Incredible Ifugao Rice Terraces, the 8th wonder of the world...
The Story of Upland Rice
The Story of Upland Rice
The Banaue Rice Terraces
I g o r o t s
The Children of Ifugao
Wildflowers of Batad
The Batad Amphitheater
Hapao Rice Terraces

There are thousands of beautiful photographs in this amazing collection,
a true magnum opus.

LL