permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How to Feed 9 Billion People

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Vlaun <scott@moosepondarts.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How to Feed 9 Billion People
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 00:18:39 -0500

My understanding is that the population is predicted to crest at 9-11 Billion by mid-century, then begin a slow decline. I have to believe that we can feed all of us through small-scale, low input, labor intensive, bio-regionally focused methods. The education piece on birth control is huge. I'm not seeing the affluent fueling the global population increase, but rather the poor and hungry. Help them feed themselves and to educate their young and real change will accelerate. Yes, lets recommit to the hard work, and joyous play, of making things better.

Great thread folks!

Scott Vlaun Moose Pond Arts+Ecology Design Solutions for a Sustainable Future
35 Moose Pond Rd, Otisfield, Maine 04270 • 207-539-9042