permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Floating garden in a lake in Borma; farmers picking tomatoes. Aquaponics at its best.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Floating garden in a lake in Borma; farmers picking tomatoes. Aquaponics at its best.
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 21:16:53 -0500

On 11/28/2012 9:12 PM, venaurafarm wrote:
On 11/28/2012 9:01 PM, Frances and David wrote:
Isn't it amazing?
The true peaks of human culture on earth, for some of us.
Truly magnificent adaptations!
Something worth celebrating...
The Garden of Eden lives in the minds and hearts and lives of those who see
this way!
fran

I assume the link was active and allowed you to see the picture without
logging in to Google. I had hoped the galleries were public.

People have relied on low tech (high tech when you consider the scale of
their endeavors, like the rice terraces) methods of producing food,
forage and fiber for thousands of years. Farmers growing rice in
mountainside terraces in the Phillipines use the off-season or fallow
time to grow fish in the flooded terraces. They leave tied up bundles of
rice straw in the ponds for fertilizer and marine organism breeding
ground. They harvest fish and gain soil fertility in the terraces.
I downloaded a huge collection of files and images on this remarkable
site. If I can find them I will post links to the original. All this is
on PBase somewhere. Some of the best collections of images and writing
on rural cultures of the world exist at this remarkable site.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-dLiot4DgTDM/ULa-TvIelrI/AAAAAAAACWs/bm2IBqcmzNI/s400/Bormese-chinampas.jpg
Floating garden in a lake in Borma; farmers picking tomatoes. Aquaponics at
its best.

"Farmers from Myanmar's Intha tribe pick tomatoes from a floating garden in
the famous Inle Lake. These gardens are probably similar to the ones
cultivated by the Aztecs on Lake Tenochtitlan."

I just Googled: aquaculture in Phillpine rice terraces PBase
Maybe one of these links is what I am looking for.

Results:

Showing results for aquaculture in Philippine rice terraces PBase
Search instead for aquaculture in Phillpine rice terraces PBase
Search Results

Philippine Basic Education: DepEd's K to 12: "Yes" to Rice Terraces ...
philbasiceducation.blogspot.com/.../depeds-k-to-12-yes-to-rice...
Jun 25, 2012 – This article, first published in Philippine Star, was my attempt to ... For those in senior high school, we developed a curriculum based on the Rice Terraces .... Jurgenne Primavera is a Researcher in the Aquaculture Department ...
[PDF]
NATURAL FARMING IN THE : PHILIPPINES - Terraquaculture
www.terraquaculture.net/.../Workman_...
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
The terraces protect the soil, preventing erosion from surface run-off and the forests above ensure continued water and nutrient flow to the rice terraces as the ...
Integrated agriculture-aquaculture: A primer
www.fao.org/docrep/005/Y1187E/y1187e42.htm
Rice terraces and fish, integrated farming in the Philippines. ICLARM ... Integrated aquaculture systems in the Saguling Reservoir, West Java, Indonesia. In S.S. ...
Asia Food & Agriculture
pinterest.com/gr2food/asia-food-agriculture/
Batad Rice Terraces in Ifugao Province, Philippines. 2 repins. Profile picture of Margaret Carroll Boardman · Margaret Carroll Boardman from visitheworld.tumblr.
Google Groups : Permaculture Mailing List
https://groups.google.com/group/.../index/.../2011-09?_...
***Explanation*** photo - John Amato photos at pbase.com - Sent using Google .... by ticky at pbase.com - outstanding collection on agriculture, rice terraces and more .... [permaculture] Veta La Palma, Aquaculture Farm and Wildlife Sanctuary ...
[permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 86, Issue 33 growing along ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2010.../036241.html
Mar 28, 2010 – ... Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Panama, Philippines, Portugal, Republic of South Africa, Qatar, ... Hani Rice Terraces - Yunnan Photo Gallery by Alister Benn& > Juanli Sun at pbase.com (Lawrence F. London, Jr.) > 6. ... Austrian Alpine Aquaculture - Boing Boing - Sepp Holzer - > Permaculture - YouTube ...
A discussion list about permaculture. Permaculture is a system of ...
blog.gmane.org/gmane.politics.activism.../page=94
Austrian Alpine Aquaculture - Boing Boing - Sepp Holzer - Permaculture ... Hani Rice Terraces - Yunnan Photo Gallery by Alister Benn & Juanli Sun at pbase.com http://www.pbase.com/alibenn/hani_rice_terraces Hani Rice Terraces - Yunnan ...
An Ifugao Adventure The Incredible Ifugao Rice Terraces, the 8th ...
permaculturelist.blogspot.com/.../permaculture-ifugao-adventu...
Sep 27, 2011 – The Incredible Ifugao Rice Terraces, the 8th wonder of the world... An Ifugao Adventure Photo Gallery by Bobby Wong Jr. at pbase.com .... [permaculture] FYI · [permaculture] Veta La Palma, Aquaculture Farm and.
[PDF]
Land management and soil conservation
seattlecentral.edu/faculty/.../land_manage%206sm.ppt.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Aquaculture integration. Conserve soil nutrients ... soil nutrients. Terracing http://www.wi.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/solutions/terrace.html .... Good Shepherd: http://www.pbase.com/gtach/image/66311040. Add nutrients back ... Rice yields halved ..