permaculture - Re: [permaculture] civility, respect and reputation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Killian O'Brien <admin@pri-de.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] civility, respect and reputation
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:21:49 -0400

Seriously, how does this not come down to live and let live? Whatever floats
your boat? There are as many ways to teach as there are teachers?

You cannot legislate ethics, morals or values.

You cannot expect to impose yours on others. "Stupidity is the attempt to
iron out all differences." - B. Mollison

Debate the relative merits? Fine. Try to define for others what they should
think, do, believe, value? Not a chance. I should sue the pants off of
PRI-USA and PRI Aus for breach of contract (but ironically, you need money to
get money... quite a system), and Rhamis Kent for defamation, but does that
mean PRI should not be doing permaculture? No. It's absurd. Will everyone
have a problem with them? No. Life is not simple. We make the best decisions
we can at the time. Unless you think the person's intent has a little black
lining to it, really, what right do you have to question them?

This isn't rocket science. Be tolerant, or don't. Understand that others see
and experience the world differently than you do, or don't. But if you are
going to keep this "conversation" going, can you all keep it to the merits,
which might actually be useful and interesting?

Cheers,

Killian O'Brien
PRI-De
admin@pri-de.org