permaculture - [permaculture] Designing a Movement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: steve read <permaculturefr@free.fr>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Designing a Movement
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 06:17:19 +0200

The 72 hr course is as far as I'm concerned an introduction to permaculture and far from bein the basis for an instant career, unless as is sometimes the case someone has already loads on board.

An advantage of the teaching teams is that apprentices are exposedd to each others areas of expertise and are also under the guidance of an experienced permaculteur.

I never felt in any case that the the Aus list of 'accreited designers' was very effective, nor the Brit list where designers of 20 years + experience seem simply lumped together with neophytes.

I would be supportive of a distributed nodal form of quality control.
also here we have continued the tradition expounded by Mollison that people who have completed a PDC can participate in other PDC's just paying for their board and lodging, this also helps quality ccontrol as they then give feedback on the courses run by various teachers, we intend to publish thses feedbacks on the UPP website.

Steve Read