permaculture - Re: [permaculture] on an ethics of Mr Pittman (and the US military)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] on an ethics of Mr Pittman (and the US military)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:26:28 -0700 (PDT)

Linda,

The situation with psychiatrists/psychologists is quite different than
permaculture. Mainstream psychiatrists' main activity is using drugs,
electroshock, involuntary commitment and other invasive methods to treat
mental symptoms - this is not a sustainable practice nor is it holistic. I am
aware of the divisive camps within psychology, where some are more focused on
holistic, regenerative approaches and some are just referral services for
drug companies via MDs or psychiatrists.

"Journey Into Madness" and other documentation illustrates how psychiatrists
were in fact behind the CIA mind control experiments on unsuspecting Canadian
and US citizens (MKULTRA), drug and lobotomy experimentation on prisoners and
minorities, eugenics policies in the US and Germany, etc. Some of the most
respected psychiatrists at Universities were involved in
military/intelligence operations that led to use of torture techniques
throughout the world in various military organizations (Middle East, El
Salvador, etc). Psychiatrists do take the Hippocratic Oath but obviously,
there are a number of them that have broken that oath. They were not
"co-opted" or corrupted, it was their idea in the first place. They (like Dr
Ewen Camaron - "psychic driving") were already doing these experiments on
their patients before partnering with the military.

I can't see Scott (who was one of my instructors for my PDC) or any of the
rest of us going down any such road. It is not the same thing, at all.

Cory