permaculture - Re: [permaculture] on an ethics of Mr Pittman (and the US military)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] on an ethics of Mr Pittman (and the US military)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:59:47 -0600

Oh my.

As long as we're

I applaud Scott Pittman and anybody else who legally conveys any
permaculture information to anybody.

(I feel I have to say "legally" because I don't approve of folks
stealing the works of authors and giving it away)

And, I give the virtual-via-the-internet stink eye to anybody that
might discourage folks from telling folks about permaculture. And I
fart in your general direction too.

In this thread: http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/3069_0 I
wax on about how I see eco minded folks bashing folks that aren't as
eco minded. I think that is wrong. Further, moving one person from
eco level 0 to eco level 1 does far more for the planet than moving
one person from eco level 3 to eco level 4. And for every person at
eco level 3, there are 5000 people at eco level 0. Therefore, I think
we will have far more progress changing the world by encouraging
people at eco level 0 to move to eco level 1. And since the people at
eco level 0 think that the people at eco level 3 are crazy, trying to
convince people at eco level 0 to go to eco level 7 is just gonna
sound crazy. Better to keep the conversation focused to eco level 1
or 2.