permaculture - Re: [permaculture] on an ethics of Mr Pittman (and the US military)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LBUZZELL@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] on an ethics of Mr Pittman (and the US military)
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:49:42 EDT

Thanks, Lee. I think this is an important discussion.

I wonder how this might be viewed not just from the viewpoint of "we
Americans" but by the people being occupied? When we approach a new
permaculture design, don't we look at the land not only from our own point of
view but
also consider how our possible actions might be received by or impact
other living beings who may have lived here long before we arrived?

It seems clear from this ongoing dialogue that there are a wide variety of
opinions on whether or not permaculturists should or should not work for
the US military. All worth considering. Perhaps some kind of consensus
will
emerge...

Linda

In a message dated 8/13/2010 12:48:22 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,