permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Global Food Supply Near the Breaking Point

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Bart Anderson" <bart@cwo.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Global Food Supply Near the Breaking Point
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:50:40 -0700

Toby Hemenway wrote:
"Turning away from the course we are on, as a civilization, is not something
that is going to occur by a vote or changing our shopping habits...."

Thanks for explaining more, Toby. As usual it makes sense. For a minute I
was afraid you had been infected with doomerism!

Lawrence London, wrote:
"Where is there any proof or credible demonstration of oil shortages? Who
can you believe about this?"

Over the last few years, much writing and research has appeared that answers
these questions.

For me, the best summary of Peak Oil has been in Richard Heinberg's books:
"The Party's Over" and "Powerdown". Heinberg teaches human ecology and is a
permaculture ally.

Many of his articles are online at:
http://energybulletin.net/news.php?author=heinberg&keywords=&cat=0&action=search&pageID=2

David Holmgren has thought a lot about Peak Oil:
http://energybulletin.net/news.php?author=holmgren&keywords=&cat=0&action=search
(go to original articles for best display)
http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/search/holmgren

I especially like Holmgren's interview by Adam Fenderson
http://energybulletin.net/524.html
video: http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/interviews/106

Bart Anderson
energybulletin.net