permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Global Food Supply Near the Breaking Point

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tom Gorman <tom@honeychrome.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Global Food Supply Near the Breaking Point
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:11:08 -0400

"How much land is given over to the production of food we do not need to
survive, I'm thinking especially of meat and dairy products and here, in
southern France, the monoculture of the vine?"
-Jamie

Are you suggesting that we don't NEED wine?! And you are French?! What is the world coming to......?
I'm kidding, of course- I know I don't need as much wine as I consume, but I sure do like wine!

Toby- great article links! Thanks for those.