permaculture - Re: [permaculture] National Animal ID program

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <listmail@lorendavidson.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] National Animal ID program
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 23:06:52 -0800

At 1:05 AM -0500 2/28/06, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
John Schinnerer wrote:

Heather, can you tell us the name of the 'microchip guy' you spoke with?
Perhaps that will help people sort this out without needing to resort to
personal attacks on list members.

Spreading hysterical unresearched BS to a large list isn't a great idea.

I'm with John on this one. There appear to be two very different points of view out there, and right at the moment, I don't know which one contains truth and which one contains "hysterical BS." I am willing to believe that both sides are acting in good faith, based on the data available to them.

Do you farm, John? Keep any livestock? rely on sales of farm products for a living
or need those products for your own use for survival?
I didn't think so. Chill out or keep your sly inuendos to yourself.

Innuendos, hell. There are mailing lists I moderate on which namecalling like "hysterical BS" is clearly defined as a personal attack/insult, and would get the poster warned and/or booted for repeat offenses. I don't think John is "implying" anything - he comes right out and calls it like he sees it - and I agree with him that your words are really uncalled for.

Whatever happened to "thoughtful and protracted observation?" Care of the Earth? Care of the people? How does namecalling promote *any* of that?

If we're going to start ripping each other apart over "matters of faith," we're going to do Monsanto's work for them. If you can't disagree respectfully, and set a good example for others on the list to follow as the list.owner, how do you expect anyone else to do likewise? It might be a good idea to learn how to take a big, deep breath, outside in the Big Blue Room With Shiny Yellow Light, before hitting the Fateful Send Key on emotion-laden posts like that.

Loren
--
Loren Davidson listmail@lorendavidson.com
Folk music with tropical attitude - http://www.lorendavidson.com