permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Educating the ignorant

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: d pfalzer <d_pfalzer@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Educating the ignorant
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:58:38 -0700 (PDT)

In my experience the journey out of the mindset of
Empire (the mindset that progress is a good unto
itself and must be sort regardless of the
consequences), is not an easy one. It is hard to see
that there exists something other than the box one has
always lived in.

A book that helped me do this (and which might be of
use to you) is:
The Spirit of Regeneration,
subtitled: Andean Culture Confronting Western Notions
of Development)
edited by Frederique Apffel-Marglin with PRATEC.

For me, gaining a peak outside my box into a world
without a pyramidal structure, was crucial to
understanding how to think outside of that box.