permaculture - [permaculture] Fruit Tree Class & Tree Order Opportunity

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FarmerGreg@urbanfarm.org
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fruit Tree Class & Tree Order Opportunity
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:48:12 -0700

Hi all,

It is time to begin our fruit tree education program for the year. We start
them with classes on growing your own fruit trees with our first class
Tuesday,
September 20 (there is more information below.)

I wanted to take a moment and clarify that the Fruit Tree class is this coming
TUESDAY at 6:30 PM. We will teach you all about deciduous and citrus trees
then you will have the opportunity to purchase some fruit trees that will
arrive in January.

Some people have been asking about where this program came from. I wanted to
include in this email an article that I wrote explaining my passion for fruit
trees. So here you go.
http://www.urbanfarm.org/eat_my_yard/index.html

I look forward to seeing you all in the next three months to answer all your
questions regarding growing fruit in the desert southwest.

Tuesday, September 20 - Fruit Trees in the Desert taught by Greg Peterson.

Learn what fruit trees to plant, what grows well and what doesn’t in the
desert,
the single most important thing you need to know before you buy a fruit tree
and
more. We will cover apples, pears, stone, citrus, and specialty fruits. Come
and check out growing fruit trees, get your questions answered and buy a fruit
tree, at this class and later this year, at the Third-annual ‘Buy a Fruit Tree
Day’ at the Urban Farm for delivery in January.