permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Root of all Evil? (spiral economics seed)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Root of all Evil? (spiral economics seed)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:38:21 -0700 (PDT)

Graham, I like the recirculative nature of these
thoughts, holding the energy of a communities wealth
longer. Spiraling wealth back into the local
community, or cause, reduces the dependence on outside
sources of wealth. If we can cycle wealth to 100
people instead of the 1, we have magnified that wealth
by 100. By working together, we step away from the
beast into a new footprint towards sustainability.

http://open.coop has some software attempting to
formalize this concept; didn't seem easily translated
to the states, but the same in concept as several
proposals here. Catherine Austin Fitz is pushing the
same concept in the states: http://solari.com,
although with political alterior motives.

If there are any techies out there looking for
something to do, I know a few people who need help
setting up web sites along these lines (LAMP, plus
Perl/Sybase); my day job limits how much work I put
into it, but the day job is a good hole from the
financial sector into PC concepts.

-Sean.

http://www.gb0063551.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/money/index.htm

http://mail.yahoo.com