permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Web Developers Guild?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Web Developers Guild?
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:17:45 -0800

Keith Johnson wrote:
Lawrence,
Thanks. I signed up. Did you just create this or is there already an

I created it months ago.

archive to look at? (I just answered that question by going to look - a

Not much there yet.

couple months and not much traffic, yet.) Will you be copying these recent posts to the info list? All those about Linux might wanna go there too.

Why don't you forward some of those posts there to jumpstart discussion.

Regarding shopping carts see this:
http://www.intrex.net/ecommerce.htm
My website, market-farming.com is hosted there. I might be willing to
help Earthhaven/PC Activist by offerng to share SC at Intrex with me.
You'd simply link to there from the pc activist site for payment options.

Just signed up at openpermaculture.com

That's Bear's website. He is on the PIW technical development team.

I'm hoping we can get some mileage out of the openpermaculture mailing list.

Is there webworker support stuff there yet?

Where? permacultureinfo list? Hardly any traffic there yet.

What kinds of CDs/DVDs do you want to create?

Permaculture. Natural raised bed food production systems. Soil improvement
and tillage methods and materials. The latter two, I know something about;
will always be in learning mode with PC but I have succcessfully integrated
interesting PC systems with raised bed market farming on my property and want
to document that with pix, website and dvd/videos (multimedia: sound, video,
text, html, etc.) I have on hand a multimedia expert consultant willing to
tutor
me with still and motion video making and processing.
This will be a long term project for me.

I am also into gardening/landscaping/homesteading hand tool design and
fabrication
and will document the tools I make and use in stills and videos. I would like
to hear
from anyone with ideas or wishlists for hand garden tools and human powered
lightweight
gardening machines (like the Glaser wheel hoe and far, far beyond).

What does a co-owner have to do?

Mailing list co-owner. Higher level of access than moderator. I could use one
for
permacultureinfo, pc-knowledgebase and openpermaculture.
A matter of handling subscriptions and unsubscriptions mostly and editing the
mission statements
that appear in the list homepages. I have them optimally configured already
and there will be
little if any change needed in the future.

Keith

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

Bart Anderson wrote:

Keith Johnson wrote:
We need a guild or network or listserv for Permaculture Web Developers, I think. What do you think?

Look no further.

I have already created a mailing list exclusively for people wanting to
develop their own Permaculture websites, or wikis or blogs or lists or webforums,
etc etc - or prepare information resources for web publishing, DVD, videos, sound files,
text, book publishing, whatever medium they choose to use to get the word out.
I plan to do many of these things myself for my own website and to create portable
resources to sell or give away (CD's and DVD's).

The list is named: permacultureinfo
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/permacultureinfo
"The purpose of this forum is to help individuals, groups and organizations
promote and develop information resources on permaculture. This includes
books, magazines, journals, bulletins and pamphlets, hardcopy and electronic,
as well as web development, mailing lists, databases, weblogs, wikis
and content management systems. "

I'd be willing to have a co-owner of this forum.

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net