permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Web Developers Guild?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bill McDorman <bm@seedsave.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Web Developers Guild?
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:06:48 -0700

Thanks for the web changes. I am sure you will reap the deserved rewards.

Paypal is the kindergarden level of web payment. The next level, shopping
cart software, is becoming more available, more simple to set up. It is
usually run on the computer of a major host provider. You simply ask them
to install it on your site. It comes complete with instructions. If you
have a host provider for the web site, ask them what they have available. I
use Miva, although Shopsite worked fine for me. You can pay as little as
$6.95 a month for a hosted site with Miva.

In order to process credit cards, you will need either your own merchant
account or a third party payment service. Many levels are now available.
You can pay a higher percentage of each sale and a smaller monthly fee all
the way up to a minor percentage with a hefty minimum. A good host provider
should be able to help you choose the appropriate solution.

You can gleen some information here:

http://members.westhost.com/internet-merchant-account.html

Add me to the list of the web developers guild.

Let me know if I can help. I navigated this maze 5 years ago and update my
site every year. Get ready for constant change.

bill