permaculture - Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster@globalcircle.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:37:57 -0600

In a true commons, everybody sharing in it has the right to police it and
nobody can get by with abusing it, monopolizing it, or selling it off.
Garret Hardin made a basic mistake when he neglected that aspect of
historical commons such as the English commons. His mistake has been
repeated ever since.

For example, the air is not a true commons by that definition; it can't be.
An example of a true commons would be some of the backstreets and
driveways I see in old Albuquerque. More than one house shares a driveway
or road. All protect it.

paul@largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net