permaculture - Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <neotern-1@yahoo.com>
  • To: "[permaculture]" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:10:14 -0500 (CDT)

I'll just get to it in practice - studying the books,
following Mr. Cardon's guidance and scraping
money-to-be-converted-to-land together for the time
being - and do you all a favor by easing out of this
discussion.
No hard feelings or running away, it's just that I
really said all I can say about the subject anyway...

Hopefully in about a year's time I'll be able to give
you all the good news of another permaculture farm,
this one in Mexico - which hopefully will "generate" a
lot more permaculture farms, who knows how we'll go
about spreading the beneficial virus.

See you later,

Cheers,

Bart

--- Jocelyn Paquette & Bob Ewing
<sixdegrees@baynet.net> escribió:

> neotern-1@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >Why should they be compensated for their time? Time
> is
> >the only thing you have in this live, and it came
> for
> >free...
> >

> That is not an answer. if you use energy and it
> l;eaves the system you
> have a deficit or an imbalance in the system, so
> some form of
> compensation or exchange needs to happen.
>
> >It's another way of seeing things, I guess, very
> >difficult for us "developed" people. Breaking the
> >circle of this eternal compensation/reward, of
> doing
> >something FOR something else. More like Fukuoka
> >maybe...
> >

> Permaculture design is another way of seeing things.
> it provides the
> techologies and methodologies by which a sustainable
> society arises. i
> do not find this a difficult conecpt to see, perhaps
> because I am a
> certified permaculture designer and paid for the
> course thus engaing in
> an exchange with my teacher. What problem do you
> have with exhnage or
> pit another way fair trade?
>

> >And about compensation for author
> >

> I am not talking about copyright or copyleft. What
> happens is the authour expends energy to create the
> book. the publishers expends energy publishing and
> ditributing tthe book so that libraies, scools and
> so on can access the inforamtion that is in the
> book. What compensates for the energy that is
> expended.For without the compensation you have an
> imbalance from which problems arise.
>

> I offffer free garden talks in the community garden
> for which I am the volunteer coordiantor. I also
> charge for my services, If you can convince the
> people holding the mortage on my prpoerty to accept
> carrots or beansinstead of money, go for it.
>

> Another point, you avoided the orignial question, if
> you are unable to answer say so, I will add another
> point, if their is no compensation how do the books
> get produced and delivered to the library. i am
> setting these questions in the context of the world
> we actually live in, not some theoretical construct.
> If you do not know how things work you can not make
> sustainable changes.
>
> Bob Ewing
>
> greetings, who researches, writes, publishes and
> distributes the books
> in the library and how are they compensated for
> their time?
>
> > --- Jocelyn Paquette & Bob Ewing
> ><sixdegrees@baynet.net> escribió:
> >

> >>greetings, who researches, writes, publishes and
> >>distributes the books
> >>in the library and how are they compensated for
> >>their time?
> >>
> >>Bob Ewing
> >>

> >>neotern-1@yahoo.com wrote:

> >=====
> >"There is not much to be done against them, but
> everything without them."

> [...]

=====
"There is not much to be done against them, but everything without them."