permaculture - Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <neotern-1@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:19:31 -0500 (CDT)

Why should they be compensated for their time? Time is
the only thing you have in this live, and it came for
free...

It's another way of seeing things, I guess, very
difficult for us "developed" people. Breaking the
circle of this eternal compensation/reward, of doing
something FOR something else. More like Fukuoka
maybe...

And about compensation for authors:
"The signature implies ownership of language and ideas
by the person signing, thus posing as the genius who
supposedly originated these ideas. This would be
acceptable if all who deserved credit got their due;
however, such crediting is impossible, since it would
be an infinite regress. Consequently, that which is
most feared occurs: the labor of many is stolen,
smuggled in under the authority of the signature of
the supposed author. This allows the author (or even
worse: his heirs) to collect rewards for the work of
others."
(quote from people who don't mind being credited or
not)

--- Jocelyn Paquette & Bob Ewing
<sixdegrees@baynet.net> escribió:
> greetings, who researches, writes, publishes and
> distributes the books
> in the library and how are they compensated for
> their time?
>
> Bob Ewing
>

> neotern-1@yahoo.com wrote:

=====
"There is not much to be done against them, but everything without them."