permaculture - Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jocelyn Paquette & Bob Ewing <sixdegrees@baynet.net>
  • To: neotern-1@yahoo.com, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:13:43 -0400

neotern-1@yahoo.com wrote:

Why should they be compensated for their time? Time is
the only thing you have in this live, and it came for
free...

That is not an answer. if you use energy and it l;eaves the system you have a deficit or an imbalance in the system, so some form of compensation or exchange needs to happen.

It's another way of seeing things, I guess, very
difficult for us "developed" people. Breaking the
circle of this eternal compensation/reward, of doing
something FOR something else. More like Fukuoka
maybe...

Permaculture design is another way of seeing things. it provides the techologies and methodologies by which a sustainable society arises. i do not find this a difficult conecpt to see, perhaps because I am a certified permaculture designer and paid for the course thus engaing in an exchange with my teacher. What problem do you have with exhnage or pit another way fair trade?

And about compensation for author

I am not talking about copyright or copyleft. What happens is the authour
expends energy to create the book. the publishers expends energy publishing
and ditributing tthe book so that libraies, scools and so on can access the
inforamtion that is in the book. What compensates for the energy that is
expended.For without the compensation you have an imbalance from which
problems arise.

I offffer free garden talks in the community garden for which I am the
volunteer coordiantor. I also charge for my services, If you can convince the
people holding the mortage on my prpoerty to accept carrots or beansinstead
of money, go for it.

Another point, you avoided the orignial question, if you are unable to answer
say so, I will add another point, if their is no compensation how do the
books get produced and delivered to the library. i am setting these questions
in the context of the world we actually live in, not some theoretical
construct. If you do not know how things work you can not make sustainable
changes.

Bob Ewing

greetings, who researches, writes, publishes and
distributes the books in the library and how are they compensated for
their time?

--- Jocelyn Paquette & Bob Ewing
<sixdegrees@baynet.net> escribió:
greetings, who researches, writes, publishes and
distributes the books in the library and how are they compensated for
their time?

Bob Ewing

neotern-1@yahoo.com wrote:

=====
"There is not much to be done against them, but everything without them."