permaculture - Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jocelyn Paquette & Bob Ewing <sixdegrees@baynet.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] It's free on the web/ was question about PCDcourseprices
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:55:44 -0400

greetings, there is no such thing as a free lunch, everything has a cost, an exchange, In our society. the exchange is money, yes there are other options, LETS, or trade/barter, but try paying your mortgage or rent or the doctor/dentist with beans or bunny rabbits. Permaculture can provide the transitional strategies and design methodologies that create a society where the role of money "may' be significantly lessened. After all if you can grow your own food and own your own home because you built it and kept the cost low and have your own energy system, then you have little need for money.

Permaculture design is right livelihood and a designer has a right to be compensated for their skills and work.
Also not everyone needs to be a certified designer. If you just want to apply the ethics and the principles to you own life, read a book, surf the net, experiment, talk with people, get out there and do.

another thought, the real currency we use and waste is energy not the paper money we exchange for goods and services.

Bob Ewing