permaculture - [permaculture] absolute basics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lance Bermudez" <becnal@hotpop.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] absolute basics
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:37:54 +0200

Dear fellow list-members,

I have zero agricultural experience, being raised in NYC.  I now live in Germany, and after reading a book called possum living, I am inspired to retire in ten years with my wife, and move to some area to buy a little land and a home, and grow all our own food.  I intend to raise my own rabbits for our meat needs, and have a garden for the rest, relying on Permaculture / sustainable techniques.

Could we make this happen with, say, an acre of land?  Where should I begin to look for relevant information?  Is my dream realistic?  (I'm inclined to believe it is since the book I read was the true-life story of two people who live off their own resources)

I thank you for any suggestions.  I love to read, but am pretty limited to only things I can read on-line, as I don't read German so well and English books here are pricey.  Thanks again.

Lance ~~~

"I need so much time for doing nothing that I have no time for work."
http://www.geocities.com/becnalrio