permaculture - [permaculture] internal aspects

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] internal aspects
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:05:52 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> It seems to me that Bill has avoided the internal aspects of permaculture
> as part of a holistic solution

This is also a gap I've noticed, and a focus of mine (part of the
'cultural' in my 'cultural & ecological designing' rubric). Under
'internal aspects' I include intra- and inter-personal patterns and
relatings.

>(the woo woo aspect of things)

...and there's nothing necessarily wu-wu (regional spelling variation ;-)
about this, really - or at least, I have experience with very practical,
non-wu-wu approaches. Also with approaches that will be perceived as
wu-wu in various ways by various people for various reasons, which doesn't
mean they're not useful as well.

There's no shortage of wu-wu generated - some actual, some perceived. IME
at least some of the wu-wu generation is simply more ways of avoiding
actually dealing with internal aspects.

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing