permaculture - Re: [permaculture] absolute basics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Vlaun <scott@moosepondarts.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] absolute basics
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:01:06 -0400

Hi Lance,

I'd be inclined to look for a little more than an acre but I'm sure you could grow a substantial part, if not all, of your food on an acre depending on what climate you're in. If your looking for some free online gardening information you might check out the Seeds of Change website. The gardening resource section (link below) has a number of articles on basic gardening techniques. You also might want to find a copy of John Jeavons' "Sustainable Vegetable Garden" which has great info on sustainably growing a lot of food in a small space.

http://www.seedsofchange.com/digging/garden_info.asp

Good Luck,
Scott Vlaun
editor@seedsofchange.com