permaculture - Re: [permaculture] electric fence?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] electric fence?
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 08:31:09 -0600

Mark,

>> Shouldn't be too hard to set something up that you could raise as the
tree grew, possibly with some offset wires to cover the trees as they
spread. <<

A good thought. I'm curious now about power sources (p.v.?) and costs.

Also what about some sort of distracting cover crop? What's preffered
browse for deer - briar?

We put out lots of crimson clover and grain crops and it really kept the
rabbits and grass hoppers off of our fruit trees. Those trees standing
alone (i.e. in one of our wicks) were hammered by leaf-hoppers.

Kirby