permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Our Bioregion and a little history

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Our Bioregion and a little history
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 08:47:33 -0600

Hi Scott,

Sounds like the chinampa is doing well. I saw it in '96(?) right after Doug
Dorrough and you built it. I'd love to see some photo's and discuss with
you what we might be able to do with our two chinampa systems. One is a
meandering swale and pond with two berms / peninsulas and the other is a 120
foot canal with a raised bed next to it.

Also, I've heard from the earthshippers that the interior greenhouses
supplied with the home's gray water inevitably release some odor. This has
deterred Inger from wanting the gray water from our straw house to go into a
wick set five feet away from the south wall of the house where I had hoped
to build a greenhouse attached to the south wall.

I'm still very keen on the idea, but would like to be able to tell her that
there are ways of eliminating odors. Maybe if the wick had a vent on it
which rises up above the roof line - much like a standard waste-water vent,
so it can breathe air in and out without out-gassing into the green house.

Kirby