permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A permaculture Wiki

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lfl@intrex.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A permaculture Wiki
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:09:38 -0700

jamie wrote:
I've got to say as a raw and immediate form of information expression the
wiki concept is energizing.
As someone unable to offer any useful input regarding the last incarnation
of a Pc database, I feel able to contribute to this through its apparently
simple interface.

I feel the same way about wiki, easy to add to it with no worry about mistakes.

I'd also like to make a request that access to the Pcwiki, for both reading
and writing be as open and uncontrolled as possible. If there is continued
abuse then we might review access policy, but not to try and be open from
the beginning would, I feel, somehow renege on the radical roots of Pc.

I agree with this too. I plan to make whatever I set up or have set up open to everyone (anonymous users) without login or password, this option would be available whenever or wherever as needs arise. This thing has its own attached forums apparently for discussion of input to each and every entry. Bears looking at more closely. The Wikipedia is a good place to see just what can be done with this elaborate but simple information management tool.

LL

--
lfl@intrex.net
http://market-farming.com