permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Wesley Trotman" <trotmanw@bigpond.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 06:46:25 +0930

Rick,
Thaks for tepary bean note.

Re your farming.
Are you for real? I thought this was a discussion group for Pc not
industrialised agriculture.
This planet cannot shrink the individuals eco footprint while we continue in
the use of industrial agricultural. Food production must become a very
individual personal activity and then only then will we personally accept
the reduction in energy subsidised inputs.
A primary concern of all should be the way humans have shortcircuited the
closed loop of eco systems, which includes food.
The looming petroleum reserves end and global warming in themselves will
force our societies to change food production practices. Also dont forget
pollution is the result of the short circuiting of the life loops.

These changes also reflect on the way we currently organise our social and
work arragements.

perhaps if we keep to our energy hungry lifestyles we will forced to accept
nuclear energy and what thne for pollution.

Wes.