permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:47:59 -0500

At 06:46 AM 8/30/02 +0930, you wrote:
Re your farming.
Are you for real? I thought this was a discussion group for Pc not
industrialised agriculture.

You assume these are mutually exclusive. IMO they are not. The fastest way to increase PC acreage is by moving "industrial ag" in our direction. This will take time and no doubt will not satisfy PC purists.

This planet cannot shrink the individuals eco footprint while we continue in
the use of industrial agricultural. Food production must become a very
individual personal activity and then only then will we personally accept
the reduction in energy subsidised inputs.

No everyone likes to grow stuff. Modern society gives us options and I will fight like heck to keep it that way.

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison
608-262-1730 WK