permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A permaculture Wiki

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A permaculture Wiki
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:45:05 -0500

I know weve gone thru endless discussion about php, python etc but I wanted to
put in a vote for phpWiki. Im on the developers list & it is very actively
being
developed & supported internationally & there seems to be a lot of energy to
keep
it updated. For those that havent used wikis, it can be quite interesting
form
of groupware that allows you to develop documents over time which embody the
commentaries & information of a diverse group. I run a swiki that is devoted
collaborative experimental writing & media & it has been quite exciting to be
part of more than 30 people internationally working on the same documents. I
have run into a touch of problem with someone fooling around with permissions,
locking pages, & moving data around, but it all seems fairly straight forward
restore. Perhaps login & authentication might be a useful implementation so
some
semblance of control could be installed.

mIEKAL