permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Pasture Renovation and Fertility

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Pasture Renovation and Fertility
  • Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:14:12 -0500

At 07:54 PM 8/7/02 +0200, you wrote:
Frank, what you need is a little willing slave labour - I know that Willing
Workers On Organic Farms (WWOOF) work in the US and I would think similar
ventures, internships, volunteer organisations, local networks of
sustainable/organically minded people could also be approached. Youthful
enthusiasm knows no bounds and when directed at worthwhile ventures can
literally change the world. Start talking to other farmers who work
organically or the nearest PC setup.

Try www.wwoof.org as a start.

Souscayrous

What you need is a 90 hp tractor with a big front end loader and maybe another 90 hp tractor with a big dump trailer. And some slave labor to drive it.

Mark P. Ludwig
Poultry Research Lab
University of Wisconsin -Madison
608-262-1730 WK