permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Docs on line

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lfl@intrex.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Docs on line
  • Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:41:23 -0700

lfl@intrex.net wrote:
Mark wrote:

Frankly they went there cuz I figured out how to do it there. IS there a documents page attached to this list I can put this stuff on?

> Will it look better if I post it as an HTML rather than text file?
If the original is plain text then leave it that way; if you want to include any graphics or hotlinked offsite resources (links, URLs, other)
then create the necessary array of text docs, html files and graphics
Then:

1) There is no documents page attached to the list - the list software only provides the list proper and material directly related to the list itself - it runs on a separate server from the ibiblio webserver

2) There is one website associated with this list though more could be if anyone is willing to offer their resources:
mine: http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech
the above URL is incorrect and should be:

http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture

and possibly Ute Bohnsack's: http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture-online

3) You can email file attach any text documents, graphics and html files
you want put online and I'll create a place for them in http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture (same place as /ecolandtech) -
something like:
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture/midwest-permaculture

I've decided to use http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture (PERMACULTURE),
for the resources page for this list and to host other permaculture websites/resources for anyone not wanting to do their own page but still want to put pc info online.

So, the options are:
1) post text information to the list
2) or develop your own free website on ibiblio
3) have me or Ute put your info in:
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture
or
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture-online

My own permaculture resources will exist there as:
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture/permasphere

Either email file attach your files to me at lfl@intrex.net
or ftp upload them to an area I will create for list subscribers to use in http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture - this area will contain
instructions for ftp'ing files to the PERMACULTURE archives,
namely ftp address to connect to, login anonymously and transfer files.
You will not be able to see a listing of the files you've uploaded but they will be there. I will move them into the appropriate location
where they will be accessable on the Web. IOW, tell me the name of a project to create webspace for and email or ftp me the file to go into it. So far we have Midwest Permaculture and PermaSphere and, of course,
Permaculture Online.

LL

--
lfl@intrex.net