permaculture - Re: Let's continue a global directory on-line...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Thilo Pfennig <vinci@alternativ.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Permaculture International Journal <pcjournal@nor.com.au>
  • Subject: Re: Let's continue a global directory on-line...
  • Date: 27 Jul 1999 15:18:16 +0200

Marsha Hanzi <hanzibra@svn.com.br> writes:

> A directory, once printed, is already out of date , so an online
> directory makes more
> sense.. I can understand that maybe they don't want the extra work
> without some sort
> of remuneration-- maybe the directory will have to be made somewhere else
> by someone
> else... That seems pretty much a job in itself...

On the other hand: What is the directory without the contribution
from other people who _donĀ“t_ want money for there information?

Nice would be a directory that is updated as a database from some
people worldwide - and out of that there could be made cdroms or
printed versions. So we could do it the other way round: printed
copies as just a side-effect of a webdatabase.

--
Thilo Pfennig
<http://Alternativ.Net/>

---