permaculture - Re: BAD NEWS website address for Permaculture International

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Thilo Pfennig <vinci@alternativ.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: BAD NEWS website address for Permaculture International
  • Date: 27 Jul 1999 10:20:43 +0200

"April Sampson-Kelly" <askpv@ozemail.com.au> writes:

> on line as it prefers to sell hard copies.
> this is not in line with fair share and share of surplus as far as i am
> concerned.
> People like me offer our addresses free of charge. These people are
> prepared to be telephoned, emailed, visited etc. We do a lot of voluntary
> work for
> permaculture.

But have in mind that some institutions pay for every MB they transfer
via internet (mail,www,ftp, other stuff). If a project becomes too big
people must do one of these things: end the project, bring commercials
on the site, find a sponsor for the pages. The last would be the best.

> I have offered to share my webspace. any other suggestions welcomed at this
> point.

Maybe you should look on the traffic the global directory produces,
before you start off. I donĀ“t know you conditions or how thick youir
lines are, but if your connection is not good, the resulkt might be
very slow browsing on your pages.

But I think what Lawrence and others try fits very well in the global
directory. Maybe it is possible to work with them for you?

BTW: I am very busy nowadays, so my work (PC-faq in sgml, etc.)
will have to wait. But I have all this mind.

--
Thilo Pfennig
<http://Alternativ.Net/>

---