pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:33:01 +0100

Scott Pittman wrote:
Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

.--snip--

So, do you/the group want this technical forum, pcplantdb, open to the public for subscription without approval? If so you need to write a proper statement of purpose for it to appear in the list's homepage and in the welcome message sent to new subscribers? I'll set it up this way if that is what everyone wants. [I see you've written something for this list so I'll add it to the pcplantdb homepage).

I vote an emphatic no!

I think I'd tend to agree here(i.e. pcplantdb close to new subscribers). At the moment we have quite a tight group and seem to be getting on with things quite well. Allowing new people in at this stage probably means we have to go through the whole vision thing again, disruptive! The other lists can be more open access.

One though is that we could have a formal feature requests page on permaculture.info, that way we could still encourage new input and ideas. (is this a bug issue?)

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
Email: webmaster@pfaf.org