pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Lee Flier <lflier@mindspring.com>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:58:30 -0400

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

A valid question, especially for Stephanie: How _do_ we bring more folks to this list
who are techically proficient in areas where we need more expertise and ideas?

Well [pardon me for jumping in when I may not know what I'm talking about :-), cuz I haven't had the chance to read through the archives yet], has it been identified in what areas we need more expertise and how many people we would likely need to do this project? Cuz I would think if we don't have a handle on that and the list became widely known, it would very quickly get into a "too many cooks" syndrome (if that isn't already happening!). From lots of personal experience I don't think any more people than necessary should be involved in this portion of the project. Has "necessary" been defined? And do we have any technical weaknesses/holes that need to be filled?

Again, you're welcome to slap me upside the head and tell me to RTFA(rchives) if this has already been discussed to death!

Lee