pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:31:28 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

> If people understand the purpose of the list and want to join, the ought
> to be allowed to. What do others think?

Agree.

> As for the mission statements, YES they must be updated:

IMO and processes I've used, mission statement is one brief phrase or
sentence, as concise as possible.

Vision statement can be longer and more descriptive and go on a bit.

This is more part of a vision than a mission statement:

> The purpose of this forum is to help individuals, groups and organizations
> promote and develop information resources on permaculture. This includes
> books, magazines, journals, bulletins and pamphlets, hardcopy and
> electronic,as well as websites, mailing lists, databases, weblogs, wikis
> and content management systems."

Also agree it's not what we have thus far agreed is the actual mission of
the PIW project. This is Lawrence's PC Knowlegedbase it's not the PIW
project.

> I DO NOT (sorry about the caps,>

Please stop being sorry about saying what you mean.

I completely agree, I do not want the PIW plant db project to become
another ad hoc assemblage of poorly organized and maintained PC links and
random or semi-random info. That is not what I'm here to do, I have one
of those already on my own site!