pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:21:35 -0700

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

Thank you for clarifying, Lawrence!

Aha....it all makes sense to me now.

C'est bien!
Just ask & I'll tell you all you want to know about the array of pc lists I
have created.
No, its not competition for PIW, yes it should help bring folks to PIW.

So yes, I would Love to have you create a piw list, s'il tu plait. And
everyone - when would we like to announce this list to the public?

It would be worth waiting on this until you decide whether to announce the
list before
announcing PIW (maybe wwhen PIW/permaculture.info has something to show).

Anyway I'll go ahead and have piw created. I will make it open to the public
with subscription-without-approval (or should they be approved?) and archives
open to the public.

Now that
we have chosen a platform and gotten going, shall we announce? Or, should we
wait until we have our first design/UI spec - so we present something specific
to start out with?

Just have _something_ for people to read that is interesting and describes
the project clearly
then go ahead and announce - announce the new piw list in the same message so
they will immediately have a place to go
to find out more, suggest ideas and keep up with progress. Maybe you could
mention this list, pcplantdb, in case
more experts want to collaborate here, not necessarily on programming but
other serious design and infrastructure aspects.