pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:08:34 -0700

Richard Morris wrote:

I think I'd tend to agree here(i.e. pcplantdb close to new subscribers). At the moment we have quite a tight group and seem to be getting on with things quite well. Allowing new people in at this stage probably means we have to go through the whole vision thing again, disruptive! The other lists can be more open access.

So, on this list' homepage I have added:
"People wanting to involve themselves with the technical
and logistical aspects of this project are encouraged to subscribe to this
few-member yet
high-traffic list. Anyone wishing to join should send email to lfl@intrex.net
letting us know
who you are, location, area(s) of expertise and reason for being interested in
joining the forum. "

If you wish I can delete this though if anyone wants to go to all the trouble
to send email
about joining maybe their request should be reviewed in this list. I expect
these will be few and far between
so should not add negatively to the S/N ratio here.

One though is that we could have a formal feature requests page on permaculture.info, that way we could still encourage new input and ideas. (is this a bug issue?)

That's a great idea. Maybe have another area for programmers interested in
helping.