pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:56:51 -0700

Scott Pittman wrote:

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

.--snip--

So, do you/the group want this technical forum, pcplantdb, open to the public for subscription without approval? If so you need to write a proper statement of purpose for it to appear in the list's homepage and in the welcome message sent to new subscribers? I'll set it up this way if that is what everyone wants. [I see you've written something for this list so I'll add it to the pcplantdb homepage).

I vote an emphatic no!
I agree and imagine you speak for most of this group.

A valid question, especially for Stephanie: How _do_ we bring more folks to
this list
who are techically proficient in areas where we need more expertise and ideas?

Possible answer: This list, pcplantdb, is still configured with subscriptions
must be approved (by me and/or this group)
and the archives are only available to list subscribers. Two things can
change: 1) the archives can be made public and 2)
we can advertise this list widely in the hopes of bringing more expertise to the discussion. In the case of 2) we will likely need to be selective. I guess I could have them submit the usual subscription request hrough the list and in addition, send me personal email stating who they are, their location and their reason for being interested in joining the forum.

As for:
1): yes or no to public message archives
2): yes or not to advertising pcplantdb more widely (all the pc lists, sanet-mg
& maybe bd-now

Other suggestions?