pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] speechless (almost)

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] speechless (almost)
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:48:26 -0700

John Schinnerer wrote:

Lawrence F. London, Jr. writes (8/14 Re: synthesis):
> 2) if answer to 1)a) is a long time from now, i.e. over a year and
<>...>
What I hear in the above is that all those of us who don't agree that ibiblio with existing platform options is the one and only hosting solution should simply be ditched by executive fiat (said executive fiat established by you, though vested in Stephanie) and others found to replace us.

Don't worry about it John. That was not a serious suggestion and is past
history.

And if by "fair wage" you mean the $15/hr. in the grant proposal, I can already hear the LOL and ROTFL from all those programmers out there.

That was Stephanie's budget so you can talk to her about that.
When _I_ said fair wages I meant paying HG programmers grant money at the
standard
commercial rate less any discount you allow HG. I assumed each would say what
hourly rate
he preferred.

I think that a lot of funding will eventually become available to this
project and that
it should be used exclusively to pay for programming and possibly
consultation, datasets and photographs.
For the long term the programmers might ought to consider what wages they
will want initially, for future development and upgrades
(HG version releases) and regular routine maintenance/service/problem solving.

What do you think?