pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] speechless (almost)

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] speechless (almost)
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 01:30:29 +0000

Aloha,

Lawrence F. London, Jr. writes (8/14 Re: synthesis):

> 2) if answer to 1)a) is a long time from now, i.e. over a year and
> 2)b) is out of the question Then you (Stephanie), since you favor
> ibiblio and the software they currently provide, could decide for
> all of us to do the project there. If noone but Rich likes this
> option then put out a call for other programmers (PC list and
> sanet-mg and elsewhere - they're out there and I'll bet you could
> find all you need within a month) who will work in the environment
> ibiblio provides and offer them a fair wage.

What I hear in the above is that all those of us who don't agree that ibiblio with existing platform options is the one and only hosting solution should simply be ditched by executive fiat (said executive fiat established by you, though vested in Stephanie) and others found to replace us.

If you are joking, it's not funny.
If you are serious, it's also not funny.
If you put that shoe on your own foot, how does it feel?

And if by "fair wage" you mean the $15/hr. in the grant proposal, I can already hear the LOL and ROTFL from all those programmers out there.